How to pull list of all "invalid emails"

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

How to pull list of all "invalid emails"

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi!
We are running into the issue again where the system is marking customer email addresses as "invalid" when in fact the email address is valid. Because of this some customers are not receiving our email campaigns....we had this issue a few years ago and it ended up being hundreds of emails that I had to go back through and verify...I can't remember how to pull this cvs data sheet with the email addresses that our system has marked "invalid". Can you remind me how to?

Also what can we do to stop this from happening. Last time it was email domains like sbcglobal.net, comcast.net, iCloud.com, me.com, xtra.co.nz
Kathlein
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How to pull list of all "invalid emails"

Post by Kathlein »

This question was previously addressed here: http://allprowebtools.com/forum/viewtop ... f=1&t=3788

The most common reason for this is when your customer enters their email address incorreclty such as (I will not post complete email addresses here to protect privacy):

Buyerid 38772 - this email is invalid because yahoo.com does not recognize it. You can send an email to it from your own gmail account and you will get a response back from yahoo informing you that it is an invalid email address.
Buyerid 38766 - She entered her email address as: @mtaonline.ent - it is clear that the last 3 letters should have been "net" but were entered as "ent" and is therefore not a valid email address.
Buyerid 38201 - She entered her email address as: @comcast.nets - it is clear that the last 3 letters should have been "net" but were entered as "nets" and is therefore not a valid email address.

If you have a few specific email addresses that you do not believe should be invalid, we can look them up by buyerid and let you know why they were marked invalid.
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Aloha Kathlein,

Yes totally understand about customers enter their email address incorrect....happens all the time. I'm not concerned about those. It's our customers that have a valid email address that the system is marking as invalid when in fact they are valid. We ran into this issue a few years ago and the invalid email cvs report had over 1000 emails marked and I went through and contacted these customers and hundreds ended up being valid email addresses and the customers were wondering why they stopped receiving our emails...they also were not marked as "spam complaints"

Here are two examples from this week:

buyerid: 17754, reached out to us as they'd not seen emails in months. You will see the last "marketing email they were sent was in Sept 2019". They ordered twice since then and you can see the order confirmation sends and the "opens" showing that the customer actually received and opened the email. I already reactivated their email so I will watch it and let you know when it marks as "invalid"

buyerid: 3328, reached out as they've not received our emails in months. Last email sent was Nov 2019 email 1. I have not reactivated her email yet
Kathlein
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kathlein »

Thanks for providing those examples. Since those were "invalidated" almost a year ago - the logs indicating the reason are not available.

We are currently watching the logs for your account to track any emails that are marked invalid. Just today, 3 emails in your account were marked invalid. You will find the buyerids as well as the reasons we received from each email provider as to why these emails are invalid:

27159 - @bigpond.net.au - 550 5.2.1 <@bigpond.net.au> recipient rejected. Mailbox suspended. IB603b
28303 - @hawaii.rr.com - 550 5.1.1 <@hawaii.rr.com> recipient rejected
25563 - @lakejunaluska.com - 550 5.2.1 The email account that you tried to reach is disabled. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=DisabledUser f12sor4554088vso.48 - gsmtp
Kathlein
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kathlein »

Today your account reported sending an email to: Buyerid # 31570.

This is a gmail address that you have sent to many times for more than a year. Now today, when you send an email to it - Google responds with this message:

550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser j126sor34777vke.3 - gsmtp

For this reason, you will notice that (even though this email has worked for more than a year) it is now marked as "invalid"
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi!
I followed your instructions as you directed: If you go to Contacts->View All under the Filter button, you can select "Unsubscribed" or "Invalid Email" to view a list of those contacts. In this case you would choose "Invalid Email."

Now our question is how do you get the entire list to load without having to sit at the computer and keep scrolling down and waiting for it to load more. It's been 20 minutes and we are only to buyer IDs at 1000....and I have to scroll each time for it to trigger loading more....we have buyer IDs all the way in the mid to high 30,000 and don't want to have to sit here for hours scrolling to get the list of invalid emails....surely there is something I'm missing that would actually make this efficient....please help....