Product unit and sales stats

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Product unit and sales stats

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi!
We are looking for advice on where in the AllProWebTools console to pull units sold by product and sales by product within a specific date range. I've looked at Reports> Sales> Sales Stats however the sales don't look to be accurate....the gross just appears to be multiplying the units sold by the full retail value when the majority of our sales stems from our quantity discounts so the "gross sales" does not reflect the actual sales for a specific item.

We have 3 questions:
1. Is Reports> Sales>Sales Stats the correct place to look for this data?
2. If it is, how do we get the sales per product to reflect the accurate sales (factoring in any discounts that were given to the customer)
3. How do we export this via csv so we can review month to month without having to pull up the AllProWebTools console each time
Tim117

Re: Product unit and sales stats

Post by Tim117 »

Hi,
My company has been using AllProWebTools since 2013, I believe I can answer a few of your questions as I've had to figure these things out as well. To answer your first question in regards to pulling up orders by a certain product within a date range, there's 2 ways to get this and each method will get you different data depending on what you're looking for. The first method is by going to: Store -> Products -> Click the product you're wanting information on, once that product loads you can click the Orders tab, this will show you every order and client that purchased this product in the date range selected in the top right corner.
If you're wanting just quantities of a product sold for the date range, the best way is just as you stated: Reports ->Sales->Sales Stats, what you're not accounting for here is the Discounts section to the right hand side of your Net field, if you take your Net minus your Discounts you'll then get the correct results; it's also worth noting that these numbers in the top field do NOT include sales tax collected, as that's displayed below as a separate line item, this may help you balance everything.
I don't believe there's a way to export this sheet as a CSV, so what I do is click and drag from the bottom-right corner up to the top-left corner (if you go top to bottom then it usually sorts the Products field) and then I paste it into a spreadsheet, this method has worked well for me over the years.
Lfrailey173

Re: Product unit and sales stats

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Thanks Tim! Very helpful!

Yes your option 2 is most what we are looking for...when we pull the sales stats report the units sold per product appear to be correct however the sales stats on the report don't appear to be anywhere near correct as it seems you've noticed a bit too, thanks for the tip on sales tax missing. Our "discounts" field appears to be just account for "cost of goods" which we have no idea who input these numbers...so our net sales is just deducting the apparent "cost of production" of the product but not any discounts a customer took advantage of or received at checkout. We are trying to find stats that would pull net sales for each product factoring in customer discounts...not sure if this is even possible in AllProWebTools?

Also when you pull your sales stats for different months do the products always appear in the same order on the report? I've pulled each month for 2020 and each report is totally random, it's not alphabetical, not by numerics of product ID, not by highest to lowest...just the most randomness.. I was going to copy and paste into an excel sheet but with there being no consistency to the order the products pull in it would create a mess. I'd like to be able to have one excel sheet with each product listed and then the unit stats and sales stats by month so we can look at the big picture month to month....do you know how to make the sales sheet pull in some sort of order so when we paste it's always consistent?

We've started selling on some online marketplaces and the reporting stats are incredible that these platforms provide. We use AllProWebTools for our main website so are now trying to see where to find more in depth sales data in our AllProWebTools console but we can't find it or it seems we have to look in multiple sections and the data from one section to another often does not match.