Google Analytics

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Ssechrist2865
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Google Analytics

Post by Ssechrist2865 »

I am trying to set up Google Analytics. I have found one YouTube video going through the steps. Do you have an updated video on how to set up Google Analytics?

The Analytics UA-ID or G Tag Manager number is different in Google Analytics than what is showing on our AllProWebTools Web Tools. Do I need to change this according to what is on our Google Analytics?

Thanks for your help.
Brads326
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Google Analytics

Post by Brads326 »

If there is already a Analytics UA-ID entered into AllProWebTools - that means that someone already setup Google Analytics for you. It has been collecting data for several years. It would be best if you obtain the login to the ORIGINAL Analytics account so that you can see the many years of data that has been collected. If you change the Analytics UA-ID to a new one, you will not have access to all of the previous years of data that was collected.

if you need help finding the Google account that was originally setup, you can contact Google for assistance as explained here: https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/qu ... xxxxx-x-id

If you would prefer to just use your new Analytics account, you can update AllProWebTools with your new Google Analytics Code.
Ssechrist2865

Post by Ssechrist2865 »

Unfortunately, there are no account settings that direct us to any kind of history that I can see. We only have one Google account. I'm not sure how to see where this history is stored. Can someone walk me through how to find this out?

Thanks.
Chopper326
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Chopper326 »

The support team at Google would be most qualified to assist you with Google Analytics.
Ssechrist2865

Post by Ssechrist2865 »

Brad, I can certainly contact Google. In fact, I did try to ask a question on their forum through the link you provided; but I want to know if I change the UA number on AllProWebTools, is this the only change I have to make on AllProWebTools? And then will it start giving me results through our Google Analytics? Or are there other settings on our Google Analytics that we have to change?

Thanks.
Pichamon326
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Pichamon326 »

Yes, you can update the UA number in your AllProWebTools account and there is nothing else needed.