Scheduled emails going out throughout the day

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Gchild1730
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Scheduled emails going out throughout the day

Post by Gchild1730 »

I have a client that's scheduled newsletter is going out in segments throughout the day even when I scheduled it at 10am.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Scheduled emails going out throughout the day

Post by Dave »

AllProWebTools never limits the number of emails that you send out. AllProWebTools delivers all your emails at once to the 3rd party email marketing service you have selected.

The limitation you are experiencing is imposed by the email marketing service Mandrill. If you use another email marketing provider such as MailGun, Jango, or another SMTP service - this will not be an issue.

The typically only affects a new Mandrill user on the first few times they send emails. The good news is that after a few sends, this throttling issue typically goes away. Mandrill explains why they do this here: https://mandrill.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... urly-Quota
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Dave, can you explain more about this? In mandrill our send limit is 30k per hour, but when we send our newsletter out weekly, to about 7k people, it take roughly 4 hours to go out. I can verify by watching both AP and mandrill while the newsletter is happening that the delay is from AP sending the emails. How can I get AP to just "dump" all 7k emails at once so emails go out when we actually want them to? As you can imagine, someone getting an email towards the end of the work day is going to have a much better response rate that someone getting one during dinner time.
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

Andy1735 wrote:Dave, can you explain more about this? In mandrill our send limit is 30k per hour, but when we send our newsletter out weekly, to about 7k people, it take roughly 4 hours to go out. I can verify by watching both AP and mandrill while the newsletter is happening that the delay is from AP sending the emails. How can I get AP to just "dump" all 7k emails at once so emails go out when we actually want them to? As you can imagine, someone getting an email towards the end of the work day is going to have a much better response rate that someone getting one during dinner time.
You are correct Andy, our system sends about 2-3 emails per second to Mandrill, this causes a delay when sending out 7k emails. I have also experienced Mandrill sending out slower at times when you have mail in your queue, my worst case was a 30 minute wait.