certain new products not posting to Ebay

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Andy1735
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

certain new products not posting to Ebay

Post by Andy1735 »

I am putting up new CMC products, but for some reason they are not posting to ebay.

I set 6664 through 6676 to list and they have not gone up. I'm not sure what the issue is. They are set to "do not track" so inventory should not matter, and all necessary fields are filled in. I am not getting a posting error email, so it appears AP is not attempting to list these.

Any ideas what is going on? Thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: certain new products not posting to Ebay

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for letting us know! I will make sure we look into this right away!
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I tried to play around with inventory settings to see if that would allow the items to push. The system would not save anything, neither inventory setting nor inventory amount. I tried with 6664 and 6665, both with them same results.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

This actually was related to the inventory problem you posted about, so now you should be able to post your products to Ebay. Please let me know if you run into any issues posting your products!
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

New issue - now the system is trying to post these (6664-6699) but an error that a Brand is required is coming back. This is the "Brand MPN" field that you guys just put in, and all of these items say "CMC" in there. So they should work but they don't...
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

6664 - Posting - Error : The item specific Brand is missing. Add Brand to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.
6671 - Posting - Error : The item specific Brand is missing. Add Brand to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.
6666 - Posting - Error : The item specific Brand is missing. Add Brand to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.

Items 6664 through 6699 all have that error line
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Also, I thought perhaps "CMC" was too short, so I tried putting "Classic Model Cars (CMC)" in one of them but the same error popped up. I also looked at other listings of CMC on Ebay and they all just say "CMC" in the brand field so 3 characters seems to be fine.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

I will make sure we look into this and I will post back with more information!
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

It looks like 6692 and 6681 managed to post last night for some reason. I do not see anything different in the listings that would have caused this.
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

also, 2657 doesn't want to go up. Same error but also saying the MPN is missing. It's been kicking up that error the whole time the CMC has been failing to go up.
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Is there any update to this? We need this resolved asap. I have lot of products to upload through csv and push to ebay...

thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Have you double checked that "CMC" is a valid brand allowed by Ebay? So if you were to go to Ebay directly and try to create this product there, do you run into the same problem with having an invalid brand?
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

I just looked at one of the ones that went up - 6681, and in ebay neither the brand nor the MPN were filled in. Those fields do have values in AP so the system did not try to send them. I was able to put in CMC manually as well as the MPN and save them in ebay, so CMC is definitely valid, as is the MPN.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

I seem to have more questions than answers for you, but here goes, have you ever been able to post something to eBay succesfully from AllProWebTools with a brand or MPN?
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

No worries, let's get this figured out!

It does not look like we have successfully had the Brand or MPN become part of a listing.

Most of our stuff falls into their Collectibles category "Sci Fi and Horror Other", and that category does not have Brand or MPN fields in ebay. So, while the products DO go up with the Brand/MPN filled in in AP, that info is not saved in Ebay.

Now, it DOES seem like we get that error if we leave the fields blank in AP, even with the items that do not require brand/MPN by ebay policy, like the Sci Fi horror stuff. So if I fill it in, they post, but then the info gets lost in the void somewhere, haha.

I am noticing another one 2657 that is popping up the error. That one DOES require MPN/Brand to list, and it is filled in on the ebay tab, but it still won't post. That category is "RC Cars, Trucks and Motorcyles" (19167)
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

I believe with the Diecast category that all the CMC stuff is going into only requires Brand, although it does have the MPN field available, and we definitely want the MPN to get pushed to the listing.
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Any updates to this? Thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Our programming team is still looking into this and working towards a solution for you. It is a priority and they are hard at work on it!
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

So, i'm seeing sporadic CMC listings get posted. Maybe two over the last 24 hours. They don't have Brand or MPN in ebay.
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Hi, is this resolved yet?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Our programmers are still working towards a solution for you. I wish I had more information to give you right now.
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

I have another large list of items to import and push to ebay, and they require "Brand" in order to list. please give me an update on when this will be functional.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Have you tried to import and push these products to Ebay and got an error, or are you waiting before trying that?
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

I just tried to push one as a test 15 minutes ago and it did not work, give the same error:

3356 - Posting - Error : The item specific Brand is missing. Add Brand to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.

I need to have this fixed if possible before I do this next push. It is over 300 products and the only workaround is to put them into a category in Ebay that does not require the brand, and then go into ebay one by one and put them into the correct category. That simply won't work with this many items.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

This issue has been addressed and you should be able to post your eBay listings with a Brand now.

Could you test this with 1 of your products to make sure everything is working properly before uploading your entire list?
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Still doesn't work, I am testing with item 6666 on this. Same error "item specific brand is missing..."
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for testing that for me, sadly that is not what I was hoping to hear. We will keep looking into this for you, and I'll be sure to update you when I have more information!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Our programmers were able to get that product posted to eBay. Could you upload another 1 product and see if it will post to eBay correctly now?
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

i'll try another one. With that one I changed the category to one that doesn't require the brand so it would post.
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

trying to repost 6666 and I'm getting the same error. I will leave the category on one that requires Brand so this does not post by accident.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Alright, thanks for trying again. Go ahead and leave it set to the category that requires Brand, just like you said, so we can better test and work towards a solution for you. Thanks for helping us figure this out!