error with coupon / pre-order / instock

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Andy1735
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

error with coupon / pre-order / instock

Post by Andy1735 »

Please see order 20403. This customer placed order 20402 which contained a pre-order item, as well as the item in 20403. He also used a 5% off coupon code. The Paypal transaction was only run for the deposit amount, and you can see the strange error that is happening here. the "-$22.10" amount is 5% off the totl for the two products. he was also not charged shipping on the in-stock item.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: error with coupon / pre-order / instock

Post by JohnB »

I'll be sure to look into this. Could you help me out by updating the PayPal password in your Password Manager? That way I can get a better idea of exactly what happened.
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

sure thing. I just put it in there, it's the pa***************ne.com account, not the sales@ account.

Just so you know, be careful with logging into Paypal, they lock the account after three failed attempts and it's a pain to get it unlocked ;)
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

This is still happening. orders 22845 and 22846. 22845 shows a payment of 80, and 22846 shows -4. In paypal we see $76 (correct for using the 5% off coupon)

In nether order do we actually know that the customer used a coupon, nor do we know what coupon it was for that matter.

This is not a paypal error
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

It is interesting that there is no coupon code showing up in the order. I have tried to replicate this issue, but I do not know what coupon code to use to reproduce the issue.

Can you please provide detailed instructions on how I can reproduce this issue?
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Okay, this customer placed an order for a pre-order where a deposit was collected, then used (I think) the code newsopt5 although we have the email send an alias to the customer. Then they checked out with the Paypal button.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

After researching this issue, it appears that this only occurs with with discounts offered on preorders placed using PayPal.

AllProWebTools does not currently support this unique set of circumstances. If you would like to suggest that this features is added to a future release, please post a feature suggestion in our suggestion box here: https://www.allprowebtools.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4