Ampersand in password automatically replaced

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Ampersand in password automatically replaced

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Hello,

I created an account in my AllProWebTools-hosted website for the purpose of making a test purchase. The password included an ampersand, but when I went to log in with the same credentials a few days later, it wouldn't accept the password. When I requested an email with the password, I discovered that the ampersand had been changed to "-amp-" (without the quotation marks). When I logged in with the password that was emailed to me, including the "-amp-", it worked.

I'm concerned that this automatic change could render some of my clients unable to log into their accounts, resulting in more abandoned carts. Can you fix the system so that it doesn't automatically replace characters in passwords (or anything else) without notifying the user?

Thank you very much.

Stephanie
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Ampersand in password automatically replaced

Post by Dave »

Thanks for catching this - we will get right on this and let you know when it is ready!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

This issue was addressed in our 4.5 release on 12/03/2016
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Thanks, Dave! I just logged into my Coach Client Connection checkout process as a customer to test it, and the ampersand still shows up in the "forgot password" email as -amp-.

How do I - and, should the need arise, my customers - edit our account information? So far, I don't see anywhere to edit my profile or password as a customer, or to log out.

Also, on the "forgot password" page, my newsletter signup form appears on the right-hand side, only partly on the page. I didn't intend for it to be there; how do I remove it from that page, or if it can't be removed, at least get it fully on the page so it doesn't look sloppy?

Thanks in advance. :)
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

It sounds like the issue that you encountered earlier set your password incorrectly with the -amp- text.

Your question about changing your email will correct the password that is on file. Here is a video that will help you:

You can edit the HTML template for your "Forgot Password Template" page and remove the code segment that says "<? newsletter_signup(); ?>"

To get to the HTML Theme Editor: Choose "settings" -> "administrator". You will see the HTML Theme Editor on the left of the screen. Scroll all the way to the bottom for the "Forgot Password Template"