Shipping calculations error

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Andy1735
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Shipping calculations error

Post by Andy1735 »

After I got the screenshots from you regarding our issues with the free delivery option, I noticed the calculated shipping appears to be two critical problems.

Using item 1656 and a test address with zip 80521

The first issue is that a weight of 9 pounds is shown in the shopping cart. The item is 5 pounds, but it appear that 9 is being used for the rate calculation. Perhaps this is the international dimensional weight?

Next, after I up the quantity to 3 of these swords, the rates are drastically off. It is attempting to charge $28 for USPS Priority, $110 for UPS Ground and $167.43 for next day air.

Cost to us on these things is $19 for USPS, $13 for ground and $31 for 2nd day.

My guess is that with UPS in this case, each dimension of the item is getting tripled? That would not be correct for dims and could result in this drastic overcharge.
Andy1735

Re: Shipping calculations error

Post by Andy1735 »

Also, when I look at the abandoned cart in the backend, the system generates different shipping amounts. They are still way too high but not as high as what the front end was showing.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

The item that was used in the example that was sent to you was item# 1658 (NOT item# 1656) which is configured to weigh 9 lbs. When I put this in the cart, it correctly totals 9lbs for the order and a quantity of 3 returns a total weight of 27 lbs.

When I check the abandoned cart in the Console, I see the exact same shipping rates as I see on the front of the website.

You are correct that item# 1656 is 5 lbs, but that is not the item that was used in the example that was sent to you.
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Dave, sorry about, that I was mixing up the two products. I am seeing the same thing on the front and back end now and the weights are correct.

There is still the same issue of rates being drastically high when multiple items are put in the cart.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

I am happy to look into this if you can provide me with a specific example.
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

After some experimenting I am finding some interesting results. Depending on how I have length / width / depth set in AP I am getting different results when multiple items are in the cart.

All still using 1658.

If I set it to 36 x 18 x 7 (L x W x D) I am getting the rates I expect to see in the front end with multiple products.

If I change this to 7 x 18 x 36 I am getting rates that are drastically high (only if more than one is in the cart. if one, the rates are the same.)

To hazard a guess, when two items are in the cart, the "D" number is getting doubled, and 36x18x14 returns a different rate compared to 7 x 18 x 72.

Can you confirm to me the logic of the cart for determining dimensions that are sent for the rate when multiple items are in the cart?

Is the best practice for APWT to have L, W, and D in descending order?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Using item 1658, here are the dimensions:

Array
(
[qty] => 1
[oz] => 144
[value] => $189.95
[length] => 36
[width] => 18
[depth] => 7
)

Array
(
[qty] => 2
[oz] => 288
[value] => $379.90
[length] => 36
[width] => 18
[depth] => 14
)

Array
(
[qty] => 3
[oz] => 432
[value] => $569.85
[length] => 36
[width] => 18
[depth] => 21
)

Please run each of these through your shipping carrier's cost estimator and post each package price here. Be sure to include the weight (it is in ounces) and any applicable insurance with the package values listed.