Web order Australia address issues

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Steve173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Web order Australia address issues

Post by Steve173 »

Hi!
We have had two new customers from Australia contact us yesterday saying when they get to the checkout screen with the address info they are unable to proceed. When they select "Australia" for the country the "State" field drop down menu still shows the US states and not the provinces of Australia (ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA , AS, VIC and WA)

Buyer 25091 has not proceeded with putting in her shipping info as she can't select the province

Buyer 12957 has input her address and you will see the "state" field is blank and she tried to add VIC to the City field but says she then received an error message saying we do not ship to Australia....I asked her for a screenshot of this error and am waiting to hear back.

If you could please check what glitch is causing the provinces for Australia not to appear that would be great!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Web order Australia address issues

Post by JohnB »

From the customer's point of view, when they go to edit their address and select "Australia" as the country, the "State/Province" field will change from a dropdown to a text input where they can type in the name of their province.

I verified that this is working properly, so perhaps the customer does not have javascript enabled on their browser. They can quickly test and find out by visiting http://www.enable-javascript.com/.

As for buyer 12957, it is possible they are seeing that message because their address was not put in correctly and it truly is impossible to ship to the address that is on file. If the address is corrected, I expect they will be able to select a shipping option (assuming you do have an international shipping option that will ship to Australia).

If this information does not help resolve the issue, a screenshot of the problem would be extremely helpful.
Steve173

Post by Steve173 »

I had buyer 25091 make sure javascript was enabled and still when she puts "Australia" in the country field the US states appear on the drop down menu under the state field. I had her just email me her address and I've manually put it into the console so she can place her order. If we have further issues from Australia I will try to get a screenshot and send it to you.
Steve173

Post by Steve173 »

Hi John! Ok I've got screenshots of the issue with buyer 25091. She has javascript enabled and still gets the full list of US states when "Australia" is set as the country code. I have already manually input her address in this morning so she can get her order placed as she was getting impatient waiting for a fix. But will email the screenshots to support email so you can take a look and try to figure out what's causing the error hopefully before more new customers from Australia try to order. thanks!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

see images attached
Attachments
Austraila address issue1.png
Austraila address issue1.png (38.39 KiB) Viewed 7267 times
Austrailia address issue 2.png
Austrailia address issue 2.png (47.59 KiB) Viewed 7267 times
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thank you for the screenshots!

First, I am glad you were able to take care of the customer in question.

Second, we were able to identify where the issue was, and verified that it was still showing the US states when the country was changed to Australia. This issue has been addressed so that non-US customers are able to type in their state, and save their address. So this should not be an issue in the future.

Please let us know if you have any questions, or if something of this nature happens again for you or your customers!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi! We are having the issue with Australia web orders.....the customer is receiving the error "no shipping options available." Buyer 24373 has never placed an order and his account was created back in May 2017 and the city, province, country are all showing on his address so I do not know why it is not pulling the USPS shipping option for him. Can you please look into this and let us know when I can tell him it's fixed so he can place his order. thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

I am not seeing this issue, and am seeing Priority Mail International appear as a shipping option for buyer 24373.

If you click on the Abanoned Cart in the buyer's timeline, you can click on Calculate Shipping to test it yourself. If you still do not see a shipping option, let us know. Otherwise, if there is a shipping option, the buyer should try again.

Please let me know if the shipping option appears for you!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi! Yes I see that for buyer 24373 but he is still saying when he gets to the shipping option there is nothing showing so he cannot click anything to move forward to submit payment. I have asked him for a screenshot but if you please check to see what else may be going on.

We had another one buyer 22397 who has placed an order 4 months, 6 months and 8 months ago no problem. Now when they get to the checkout shipping option they are receiving "no shipping options available." I have asked them to send me a screenshot but if you could please look into it as there really seems to be an issue and we are going to start to get a very high inquiry on it as our international shipping coupon expires in 5 days so more and more customers in Australia are going to be trying to take advantage before it expires. thanks!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

I have logged into your AllProWebTools Console and accessed the CRM record for buyer 24373. I then clicked on the "login as buyer" button on the top right of the page. This logged me in as if I was the customer in Australia. Next, I added some products to my cart and then clicked "Check Out". I was next presented with a single shipping option of " $44.18 Priority Mail International 0lbs. 4oz.".

I followed this same process for buyer 22397 and was presented with a single shipping option of "$48.50 Priority Mail International 1lbs. 13oz.".

Both of these tests used the actual customer's exact mailing address - therefore, exactly replicating the circumstances the customer will be creating their order under.

I am providing the exact steps I followed, so that you can also try this for yourself.

We will need additional information on how to reproduce the error that the customer is experiencing in order to assist you further.