Paypal order created duplicate order?

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Paypal order created duplicate order?

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi!
We have an issue where a customer (buyer 16495) checked out via Paypal and somehow the AllProWebTools system generated two separate orders 31204 and 31205 that both have the same Paypal verification code. From what I can tell she was only charged once in Paypal? Can you help verify this? And then how do I get rid of order 31205. Will the system just let me void it or is it going to tell me I have to refund it first? I don't want to refund it if she was not charged twice which it looks like she was not.....please advise on how to get this all sorted out so we can ship her order out. Thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Paypal order created duplicate order?

Post by JohnB »

You are correct, if you check the Authorization number of the payment in each order, they are exactly the same, meaning there was one paypal payment for these 2 orders.

You can simply void the duplicate order and treat it as if it didn't happen, and process the other order normally. This duplicate was likely caused by the user accidentally double clicking the paypal payment button, but we will keep an eye out for anything that looks unusual!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Yes I tried to void 31205 but it tells me I have to "void all payments before voiding order" but technically no payments were made for this order as the original order was 31204 and 31205 is the duplicate.....
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Yes, you are correct and think you for pointing that out.

We have taken care of this and removed the duplicate order 31205 for you without voiding the payment on order 31204.

Please let me know if you still have any questions!