p tags being inserted

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Andy1735
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

p tags being inserted

Post by Andy1735 »

In my description fields (Short Description and the tabs) when I save a product I am getting <p></p> inserted at the top of the code for these fields. Of course this is causing a line to be inserted. This happens roughly half the time when saving an item. It also happens every time I copy an item. Please make it stop!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: p tags being inserted

Post by Dave »

We appreciate your bringing this to our attention.

The software that provides the ability to edit your description is not written by the AllProWebTools Team and is actually provided by tinymce.com. The issue that you are referring to is likely caused by the current version of tinymce. We have searched for a cause of the issue that you are experiencing in the tinymce forum and have found no current suggested solutions.

It is likely that this issue will be resolved by a future update of the tinymce software. AllProWebTools incorporates the most recent and stable versions of tinymce quite often.

Until this issue is resolved, we recommend deleting the extra lines above the content before pasting in new content. It is easy to tell if these extra tags are present as your blinking cursor will appear 2 lines down from the top.
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

No worries, it's easy enough to do. Thanks!
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Are you able to put a trouble ticket in with them? Nearly every time we save a product extra P tags are being inserted in the top. So, our descriptions are slowly moving down the page.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Yes, we are currently working with TinyMCE on this issue and hope to have it resolved soon.