shopping cart payment error

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

shopping cart payment error

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi! We've been getting a high volume of calls from customers who are trying to place an order on our website and on the payment screen when they type in the card number, expiration, cvc, billing zip code and click "place order" they get an error message and something along the lines of "some or all fields are missing or invalid". So they the retype the details again and just keep going in circles. I am able to place the order via phone and the cards always process through no problem.

1) most recent customer buyer #30015......can you take a look as he is waiting to hear back from me as to when he will be able to place an order on our website in the future without any trouble. He ended up going to Ebay and ordering with the same credit card that would not work on our site.

2) is it possible to have the shopping cart highlight in red exactly which field is missing or invalid? I know on many sites when you forgot to fill in a field or type in the incorrect info a red box will appear around the input field in question or the text by the input field then turns red so the customer has an easier time identifying what they missed.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: shopping cart payment error

Post by Dave »

In an effort to reproduce the issue that you have described, I logged into your website as buyer# 30015 and added the same product to my cart and then proceeded to checkout. Here is the screen that I filled out:
noni1b.png
noni1b.png (112.99 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
Next I pressed the "Place Order" button and then got this screen:
noni2.png
noni2.png (126.02 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
The error message that you see comes directly from the credit card merchant that you are using and AllProWebTools is just displaying why the credit card company declined the card. We agree that the message could be much more descriptive, but that is all the information that the credit card company provides to us for why a card is declined.

The most likely causes for this error would be if the customer did not type all 16 credit card numbers or did not enter the expiration month and year or the CVC code or the billing zipcode.