Buyer 11954 unable to update credit card info

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Buyer 11954 unable to update credit card info

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Aloha! Buyer 11954 is trying to update his card on file with us. He was able to remove the previous card however when he types in the new card details he is receiving this error "There is one or more missing or invalid required fields."

I just tried to do it by logging in as buyer and am getting the same error. I typed the 16 digit card number in no spaces, selected the expiry from the drop down, into the 3 digit CVC code and the 5 digit zip code....

Can you please let me know how to get his card stored....he is waiting for me to call him back.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Buyer 11954 unable to update credit card info

Post by Dave »

The error message, "There is one or more missing or invalid required fields." is a message generated by Authorize.net. By logging into your Authorize.net account, you can view more details as to why this charge did not go through.

After logging into your Authorize.net account, click on "Transaction Search" at the top of the screen. Then scroll to the bottom and do a search for transactions number 40889607186 into the box labeled "id" and then press the "search" button.

You will see at the top of the screen the following statement by Authorize.net:

"Transaction Status: Declined (Card declined by issuer - Contact card issuer to determine reason.)"

Since this is a new card issued to your customer, perhaps they have not "Activated" the new card with the credit card company.

It is also required that your customers mailing address on file with AllProWebTools must match that of the credit card they are using. So we recommend updating the mailing address BEFORE updating the credit card on file.
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Aloha!

Thanks for update!

Address on the profile is the current billing address for the new card. Confirmed that the card has been activated. Just tried to add the card to the profile and now I am getting an error that says "please enter your zip code" The zip code is input. Retyped it in and got same error. Will attach screenshot here.
Zip code issue.jpg
Zip code issue.jpg (82.92 KiB) Viewed 3423 times
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

This error is because your web browser has not yet updated with the changes that were made on our end yesterday. If you hold down the shift key and press the browser refresh button a few times the error message will go away.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Authorize.net has recently added this information to their website:
NOTE: You should include the Address and Zip/Postal Code fields for Visa authorizations, or they may fail.