Dynamic Message errors

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert

Dynamic Message errors

Postby Agalassi1792 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Hello,

I am attempting to set a dynamic message, using basic punctuation. yet I am getting this error message every time I set it:

Whoops! Please make sure the Dynamic Message contains letters, numbers, and basic punctuation only. [JAB04-999]

At first, I attempted to set the dynamic message to this:

"Thank you! Someone will be in touch with you soon."

On second attempt, I changed that message to this:

"Thank you, someone will be in touch with you soon."

On third attempt, I changed the message to this:

"Thank you. Someone will be in touch with you soon."

But even that example did not work.

So even with only periods - no other punctuation, I am getting that error message. It's as if it's telling me that no punctuation is allowed.

I've experienced issues with this dynamic messaging box in several client sites this week, so I figured I'd post this here.

EDIT: I was able to set the dynamic message to a basic message with NO punctuation at all, then the sign up box was finally able to be saved. After I created the box, I went back to edit the message to this: "Thank you! Someone will be in touch with you soon." and it saved. So it seems to be an issue only with the initial sign up box creation.
Dave
Support Team

Re: Dynamic Message errors

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:49 am

We appreciate your reporting this issue and thank you for providing such detail.

We have attempted to reproduce the issue that you have described in the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. We have also attempted to reproduce the issue by both creating a new leadbox and editing an existing leadbox.

We have been unable to reproduce this issue and we are able to create dynamic messages with the specific punctuated examples that you have provided.

Can you provide additional information that will help us to reproduce the issue?

It would also help if you can provide the web browser that you are using and the exact version number that you are using. If you are using Chrome, they recently released an upgrade with a bug that inserted extra formatting characters into webforms, this was very quickly fixed by Google and they release a patch the very same day. If your Chrome browser is not updated to the very latest - this would explain the issue that you are describing.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert

Re: Dynamic Message errors

Postby Agalassi1792 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:45 am

Hi Dave,

It looks like I'm using Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit) of Google Chrome, and it says its fully up-to-date.

I have not attempted to edit any leadboxes since this post, but that is the version of Chrome I'm using, hopefully that helps.

Return to “Report a Bug”