Customer passwords are not working

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Customer passwords are not working

Post by Lfrailey173 »

We have had an influx of customers calling and emailing that their passwords for our website are not working. When the customer receives the error that their password they've tried to use is incorrect they then use our "forgot password" link and receive the system email with their login and password. They then type these into our login screen and are receiving the error message that their password or user name is incorrect. Examples of three within the last hour are buyer IDs: 15067, 28645 and 9877.

We are having to use the "password reset" option and have the customer change their password. Also the reset password process on the customer facing side has changed. Once they click the button to save what they are updating the password to a second box pops up that confirms the password has been updated however it is then giving them two options "close" or "save". This is causing confusion as the customer is thinking their password never updated since it is giving them the "save" option again and when you click save nothing happens. How can we get ride of "save" on the confirmation pop up and only leave the word "close"

Was there any sort of update this week that would be causing customer passwords to no longer work?

Attached is photo of second pop up screen with the "close" and "save" for reference to.
Attachments
password reset .jpg
password reset .jpg (111.78 KiB) Viewed 1485 times
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Customer passwords are not working

Post by Dave »

There have been no changes to the login system and we have not received any reports from any other uses of an issue.

We have logged in to your website as a user and have requested a password reset email and have successfully used the credentials in the email to login.

Changes to the save button have been made in version 5.6. You are currently on version 5.5 and will be upgraded at your request.

You can read the complete list of new features in version 5.6 here: http://allprowebtools.com/forum/viewtop ... f=5&t=4239
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

I also used the "forgot password" link on our website to receive my login credentials and the credentials matched what I had recorded as my details and worked on login.

However I have had to help at least 15 people last week alone where the credentials in their email did not work. I had to instead use the "reset password" option on the backend and then walk the customer through using the temp code "password123" to set a new password.

The last three buyer IDs I included in the original message I actually had them forward the password credentials email they received as I realized something was off as this problem is suddenly occurring too frequently. I personally tried to login with these buyer credentials that they had received and also saw the "your password is incorrect" error. I then used the reset and walked the customer through setting a new code.

This week when it happens to the next customer, I'll have them forward me their password email and once I confirm the credentials in fact do not work, I won't do the password reset for the customer and I'll forward to support so you can actually see the error happen in real time.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Yes, if you can forward that information to us, we will be able to investigate further. I would suggest using the Support Chat to do this as you will get immediate assistance.