Roundcube + ZenDesk = no previous replies shown

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Roundcube + ZenDesk = no previous replies shown

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

When I use my RoundCube email to correspond with SkillShare, which uses ZenDesk, the previous replies don't get included in the email thread, even if both of us have the "show quote/previous messages" feature enabled in our message settings.

As a result, whenever they reply to me, all I see is their latest message - none of the previous messages. I don't have this problem when corresponding with anyone else, and they say the same.

Any ideas for fixing this would be appreciated!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Roundcube + ZenDesk = no previous replies shown

Post by Dave »

Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Thanks, Dave. Using "thread" view groups the separate replies together into a single drop-down menu, which helps a little, but it doesn't solve the problem where the previous replies don't show up beneath the latest message in each individual email.

To make sure I'm clear, this problem ONLY happens when I'm communicating with SkillShare, which uses ZenDesk. The previous replies show up below the latest reply when I'm talking to anyone except for them.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

While viewing one of the emails that is misbehaving, please click on the "more" button and then choose "Show Source".
Screenshot from 2023-03-22 08-03-19.png
Screenshot from 2023-03-22 08-03-19.png (25.72 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
On the resulting page, press ctrl+f and then search for a few words that are missing from the email and your previous thread.

If you do NOT find the the words, this means that the sender of the email dropped the thread. They did not send the thread along with the email and therefore, RoundCube cannot show you the thread.

If however, you do find the words from the previous conversation, this would indicate there is a problem with RoundCube.
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Thanks, Dave. I just ran the test you described, and could only see their latest reply, so it looks like they dropped the thread despite their insistence that they didn't.