Responsive Emails Request

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Responsive Emails Request

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

So we send out a monthly outreach email to our clients that contains lots of pictures and images. I decided to test how these emails look on a phone today, and the text comes out very, very small. It is as if the entire email is being downsized to a certain scale. Is there anyway to make only the images responsive, but to keep the text the same size as any other email you read on your phone? As it is now, you need to zoom in a lot in order to read the text; it is just far too small.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Responsive Emails Request

Post by JohnB »

Hello,

First of all, there are 2 ways to include text in an email and I want to cover both ways real quick.
  1. Include the text as html, and the images separate
    • This way there is no text within the images
    • Text size will scale to the screen independently of the image
    • This should allow your images to scale down, but your text remain readable on mobile devices
  2. The text is a part of the image
    • This way the text is actually a part of the image, so that it's not really text, but a picture of some text
    • In this way, the text will always scale down with the picture and there is no way to prevent this
In general, I would recommend keeping as much text as possible as html so it will be readable. Items such as the Logo and the Call To Action can certainly be images of text, that way you can maintain branding and not be restricted to email fonts for those important pieces of your email.

Please let me know if this answers your question or if you need further help!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

So I am already using text as HTML, they are not words on an image. I tried to attach a screenshot to this message but it gave me lots of trouble so I just gave up.

Anyway, yes I am already using HTML but the text is still so super small its hard to read.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Could you forward an example of the email you are talking about to our support email? That way we can both be looking at the same thing and maybe I can give you a better answer.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay I will send you that email now
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for sending in that email!

First of all, here's an article about using fonts in emails. this article recommends using 14-16pt font, and it looks as though you are currently using 14, so changing that to 16 may help.

The article also mentions using media queries to change the font size for mobile devices. Such a feature is not currently supported in AllProWebTools, but should be available in an upcoming release.

Please let me know if this helps or if you need more information!