importing contacts

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

importing contacts

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Aloha!

Would be great if when we import new contacts we can select multiple tags on the first import....currently it only allows us to select one tag at a time so we have to "re-import" for each tag we want the contacts tagged for.
Mary326
Support Team
Support Team

Re: importing contacts

Post by Mary326 »

Thank you for the suggestion! We will consider this for future versions.
Victorgroner4188

Post by Victorgroner4188 »

Yeah I'm finding a lot of issues trying to import CSV files and not being able to carry over all the tags I want, you can see here that stuff like Linkedin URL, middle name and custom ids don't have let you carry the tags over, even though it seems to acknowledge them above in the beige colored boxes. On top of that I had an issue with 8 of the names I tried importing out of the 15 today getting switched with the linkedin url which I was temporarily replacing with last company tag so I could carry over the url data, I'm not sure if it's because of the custom tag thing I was trying to use on the free demo, but I'm not sure if that's what i'm looking for.
Attachments
For some reason 8 of the names didn't get carried over and were replaced with the linkedin url
For some reason 8 of the names didn't get carried over and were replaced with the linkedin url
mis categorized names.png (9.04 KiB) Viewed 4288 times
List from today I was importing, lots of problems overall trying to carry  the tags over
List from today I was importing, lots of problems overall trying to carry the tags over
import contacts csv.png (719.19 KiB) Viewed 4288 times
As you can see there's no option to add a tag that fits the category
As you can see there's no option to add a tag that fits the category
custom tag dropdown.png (59.19 KiB) Viewed 4288 times
Not sure if this will add what I need I was farily confused here
Not sure if this will add what I need I was farily confused here
custom fields tags.png (29.74 KiB) Viewed 4288 times
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

First we should clear up any nomenclature confusion. AllProWebTools offers both "tags: and "fields". What you have referred to in your post as "tags" is called "fields" or "custom fields" in AllProWebTools.

This video will explain more about AllProWebTools "tags", which are not relevant to your question:

We usually see this issue (where some data is put under the wrong field) when the csv file being uploaded has columns that shift. The first step is to open the CSV file and press ctrl+f and lookup one of the names that did not import correctly. You will want to verify that the row for that name has everything lined up in the correct columns.

It also appears from your screenshots that the linkedin column is being set to the field named "URL" when the column just before it was also set to the field named "URL". You can only load one column into one unique field. You can create a custom field called "Linkedin URL" before you upload your CSV and you will see your new filed show up in the drop down list. This is explained in this video at 4 minutes and 20 seconds:

When you mentioned "As you can see there's no option to add a tag that fits the category" What you are looking for is accomplished by creating custom fields and is explained in this video:

Victorgroner4188

I appreciate the quick response. Also I'd like a way to select a checkbox for the contacts list in bulk to delete ones I don't need, as there doesn't like there's anyway to delete contacts quickly
Attachments
no checkbox list with options.png
no checkbox list with options.png (9.78 KiB) Viewed 4281 times
Tommie326
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Tommie326 »

Does this help:

Victorgroner4188

I was thinking more along the lines of having a checkbox list in your actual contacts that you can use for deleting/editing contacts and fields with ctrl/shift, this method you have to either tag them one at a time or upload your contacts with the field already set up. Something like what lead leaper has would be ideal, just a small checkbox next to each contact with the ability to then edit delete whatever is checked.
Attachments
Image 127.png
Image 127.png (32.76 KiB) Viewed 4266 times
Victorgroner4188

Also there's no way to sort contacts by custom fields or remove fields you don't need. In my case I don't use Address as a field/tag at all for my contacts so it's just taking up space, but my custom field for Industry, for sorting contacts by construction, health care, finance etc. is a really high priority in terms of being able to sort, but there's no option for it at all.
Attachments
Image 128.png
Image 128.png (12.86 KiB) Viewed 4263 times
Victorgroner4188

Has there been any progress in adding feature for tags and fields? This is the topic I'm most concerned about, mainly using AllProWebTools for the CRM and wanting the contact list and organizing properly for email campaigns to be comprehensive
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Thank you for the suggestion and we will consider this for a future release. At this time there are no immediate plans to change how contacts are displayed and filtered. We hear you and very much appreciate your input. It will take much time and planning to implement such a feature. When we add this functionality, we want to make sure we get it right.

AllProWebTools was designed with the intention that all data would be formatted BEFORE import. The recommendation is to export your contacts (as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdogmQVyxlI ) and perform all data filtering, sorting, and manipulation offline using a spreadsheet program (such as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or Numbers for Apple products) on your computer. Spreadsheet programs offer a wide array of tools for data manipulation and were specifically designed for this task.

Once you have completed all changes, you can re-upload the list into a new tag and then send emails to everyone in that tag.

If you would like to remove a number of contacts from a list, this video shows you how:

It is also advisable to NEVER delete a record. Rather, by marking the record as inactive, if it is re-uploaded or manually re-entered in the future - it will remain inactive. If the record were to be deleted and re-added later, your company could be held liable for failing to honor a "takedown", "right to be forgotten", or "spam complaint" from the contact. Many of our client's have multiple users on their account and this safeguard helps to protect your business if another user unknowingly adds a contact that was previously marked inactive by another user.