Splash page for people with no membership access

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Splash page for people with no membership access

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi,

It seems to me that if someone tries to visit a Membership page that they do not have access to, it just redirects them to the home page... however - is there a different way to go about this?

Instead - if someone tries to access a membership page that they do not have access to, can we instead show a message like "you do not have access to this page. please reach out to X if you wish to purchase this membership" or something along those lines? and Ideally, this would be a page that we can customize with our own words, and can style it as we need to to fit the brand of the website. Another good thing for this page would be the ability to add a link to the product to purchase the membership if needed.

Let me know.

Thank you.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Splash page for people with no membership access

Post by Dave »

The system is designed to take the user to the login page so that they can login to access the members only webpage. The login page is customizable, so you can add anything that you like to it by going to "settings"->"administrator" end then editing the file called "Login Template"
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

However - this does not provide a good customer experience. Just simply showing a login page is not a good way to be doing this, and can cause confusion for someone who is already a member and is already logged in.

I want to reiterate my initial suggestion - because I believe that having a customization page - that is NOT the login page - would be a much cleaner and better user experience. I understand that in some cases, it may make the most sense to show the login page. But I am reaching out about this because I have found a situation where this does not work and does not provide a good customer experience.

That is why I want to once again suggest that if we can actually have full control over the page that people are sent to, that would be so much better than simply defaulting to a certain page.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

This feature will be included in version 5.6. You can learn more about this version and when it will become available here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4239
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Great, thank you!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

This video explains how to use this new feature: