importing/exporting

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Janelle4199
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

importing/exporting

Post by Janelle4199 »

Hello,

I am not sure if this is something I can control, but when I imported my contacts today I had duplicates and they were tagged also. That creates an issue especially when it's a contact who requested to not be in my campaign. I forgot to fix my header before importing my contacts and happened to notice the 32 duplicates were also tagged while trying to fix my mistake. I would've placed those contacts in a campaign they're already a part of and or requested to be taken out. My suggestion is to not have duplicates tagged.

Another suggestion that would save time is if there was a next button to move on to the next contact. If I need to add info to contacts in a specific tag, I need to go back out to all contacts, select the tag, then find the next contact each time I update their information. It would be great if I selected contacts in a specific tag update the information and click the next button.

Thanks!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: importing/exporting

Post by Dave »

Thanks for the suggestion! There is now a checkbox in version 5.72 that will prevent duplicates from being tagged a second time when you are importing.
Janelle4199

Post by Janelle4199 »

Dave, thank you. I saw the checkbox added to remove duplicates from being tagged, however, I just used it and it did not tag my imported contacts. In preview after saving my csv file I saw that the duplicates were not tagged and above it showed 0 out of 69 tagged to XYZ and above that was the number of emails that were suppose to be tagged. I know I tagged it because in the preview it showed the tag I created. Now I have to manually tag those emails. Frustrating.
Brads326
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brads326 »

For assistance with this new feature, we ask that you start a screenshare so a support representative can work with you.
Tommie326
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Tommie326 »

I just experienced a similar issue, and it has now been fixed. You may want to try uploading your contacts again.
Janelle4199

Post by Janelle4199 »

Hello Tommie, I tried it and worked perfect. Thank you.