merging contact

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

merging contact

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi John!

I know you showed me how to do this but I can't remember if when merging two contacts if I open up the profile of the contact profile I want to keep or the one I'm trying to merge with the duplicate? I know I click on the drop down arrow in the customer profile and select "merge contact" but not sure which profile to start with....hope this makes sense. thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: merging contact

Post by JohnB »

I'm more than happy to remind you!

Whenever you are merging two contacts, you want to start with the contact you want to merge. The record that you start on will be merged into the second record, and the first record will be deleted once the information is transferred over.

Please let me know if this makes sense or if I need to clarify!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Great makes sense! thank you!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi John!

I tried to merge a contact today and it didn't work? The two separate contacts still exist when I search? A new alert box pops up to confirm that I really want to merge the two and I accept it and then it just goes to the merge contact screen? Not sure what I am doing wrong... thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

I'm not quite following what you are describing, but I'll try to help the best I can.

First, here's a video about merging contacts. I believe the alerts you are talking about are discussed around 0:40.

If you can still find two contacts when you search, one of two things must have happened. Either the contacts were not actually merged, or you possibly had started with 3 contacts with the same name.

Please let me know if any of these helps, and feel free to start a screenshare if that will be easier to explain the problem!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Thanks for the video! Yes I am doing exactly as shown but it does not merge the contacts. I just tried it with another contact I need to merge and after both contacts still exist. I go to that contact profile in CRM, then on the arrow drop down select "merge contact" which brings up the merge contact page. I then search for the duplicate contact select it and then click "merge." A pop up then appears saying "are you sure you want to...." which I click "ok" to and then it just goes back to the merge contact page which is blank instead of bringing up the main profile of the merged contact as the video shows. When I then go and search both profiles still exist separately? Is there a glitch in our system?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thank you for the detailed description! I better understand your issue now. I'll make sure we look into this right away and I will let you know when I have more information!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

This has been addressed and you should now be able to merge your contacts just as you could before. Please let me know if you have any more difficulties merging 2 contacts!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Just tried and it's working now! Thank you!!
Rosie2259

Post by Rosie2259 »

I'm not showing a merge contact option on the drop down menu. : (
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

What options do you see when you click on the dropdown menu?
Rosie2259

Post by Rosie2259 »

I see Reset Password, Send Password, Convert to Reseller, and delete
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

There should be an option to "Merge Contact" right after "Convert to Reseller" and just before "Delete."

At this point, it may be best if you could start a screenshare so we can look at your screen together. Since it is late on a Friday, unfortunately we won't be able to do this until next week. But as soon as you have some time next week, I'd love to get in a screenshare with you and find out what's going on!

Here's a video on our support options and how to start a screenshare in case you need it: