Web orders missing zipcode

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Web orders missing zipcode

Post by Lfrailey173 »

We have anywhere from 2-3 orders per week that come through from new customers that have a zip code missing from their address in their customer profile. Shouldn't the system be coming up with an error message of a missing input field to the customer when they try to click forward to process their order? How can we get the system to collect all the input fields before allowing an order to be processed? thanks!
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Web orders missing zipcode

Post by Paige »

Thank you for letting us know! What are a few order numbers I can review as an example?
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Oops don't have a list but will keep one now. I know from yesterday it was order #21306 and strange thing is I just went to check his profile and the zip code is missing again? Once I look up the missing zip codes I go to their profiles and add them in for next time but maybe they are not saving either? thanks!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

order #21907 came through today with no zip code
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for letting us know! Keep us updated with any more orders that come through without a zip code while we take a look at this one!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi John!
Order #22321 came through with no zip code today. Also noticing many orders coming through where the city shows up twice on the invoice and then when you go to their customer profile the city is in the city field and in the second line of their address. examples are orders 22278 and 22289.

thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for the order number! I'll make sure we look into this and the other orders you've mentioned before.

As for the city appearing twice, do you think it is possible the customer filled in their address incorrectly?
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Thanks! Here are two more that just came through.

Order 22345 has no zip code
Order 22346 has double city. It is possible the customer input it wrong however it happens so frequently now....at least twice per day and it just started happening a few weeks ago and we never had this issue before so that makes me think something else might be triggering it.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

I still think the most likely scenario is customers are putting in the city twice, but I will be sure to look into that real quick for you. I'll also be looking into the zip code item again since you've given me another order to investigate!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

I wanted to give you a quick update before the weekend!

We did indeed track down the zip code issue and are working on a solution for you currently. We expect to have it finished and ready for you early next week!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

One more update! The zip code issue has been addressed and the fix has been installed!

You should no longer see orders come through without a zip code. If you do, please let us know!