Checkboxes in Sign-Up Box

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Checkboxes in Sign-Up Box

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

Is there any way to create a check box in a Sign-up Box? We have a client that wants three check boxes, each one corresponding to a different way to interact with his newsletter and blog posts. So I think it would have to work in the way that each of the three checkboxes would check the user as a different tag, rather than the form fields adding them to a tag... does that make sense? so they would be tagged depending on the checkbox they click, rather than the form adding them to a tag.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Checkboxes in Sign-Up Box

Post by Dave »

The first step will be to create 3 different leadboxes in AllProWebTools. Assign each leadbox to a different tag.
After you have created all 3 leadboxes, go to "Contacts" on the main menu and select "Sign-up Boxes". Here you will see a list of all the signup boxes, you will want to note down the id number for each leadbox. (for this example, we will assume that the ids are 1,2 & 3)

If you inspect element (or view source) on your leadbox, you will see a line that looks like this:

<input name="boxid" type="hidden" value="1">

This is what you want to replace with your radio buttons, so that each button will have a different value (that corresponds to each lead box id - which corresponds to each tag)

So you will change and remove the above line and replace it with this:

<input type="radio" name="boxid" value="1"> Tag 1<br>
<input type="radio" name="boxid" value="2"> Tag 2<br>
<input type="radio" name="boxid" value="3"> Tag 3<br>

Hope that helps!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Yes, thank you! that did the trick. I now have three checkboxes above a sign up form and it seems to be working well. Thanks for the tip!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

So I need to ask an additional question on top of this.

I was able to successfully implement radio buttons into a sign-up box - radio buttons meaning that only a single one is clickable. I think that what we need is a real checkbox - so if someone wanted to check all three, they could check all three - is this possible?

Let me know if you need more info from me.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

In the solution above, you are essentially changing what leadbox is being submitted, so changing the radio buttons to checkboxes would require submitting multiple leadboxes if multiple boxes were checked, which is not possible with the way leadboxes are setup within AllProWebTools at this time.

Instead of using the checkboxes, would it be possible to create additional radio options to acheive the same affect?

So, if the current options are A, B and C, you could add onto that another option, "A and B", etc.