Redirecting?

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Safetysolved3572
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Redirecting?

Post by Safetysolved3572 »

Working on the store. When I click to view on a product (safetysolved.greatmockup.com/lgit-review/) it redirects to the home page (safetysolved.greatmockup.com)?
Kathlein
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Redirecting?

Post by Kathlein »

If your product (or any webpage) is marked as "private" this will prevent the page from being seen on your website. You can set the page to "public" by moving the slide switch at the top right of your screen as shown here:
private-switch.png
private-switch.png (7.47 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
Safetysolved3572

It is set to public and still redirecting. It worked one time, and it hasn't worked since.

It does show under the store tab, but when you click on the product to open it, it redirects to the home page. It also goes directly to the homepage when I click on the product name on the back end on the product editing page.

I have added a few more products to the store and they are all doing the same redirect...
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

It looks like you have setup a number of products with variations that were not quite configured properly.

The first step would be to create a new product without any variations and then set it to public to see if that will show up.

Next, you will want to carefully review the following video that explains how to properly setup product variations:

and this video will explain how to add a variation to an existing product:

Variations can get complex very quickly, our Support Team is available to work with you via screenshare to help you get everything setup. Whenever you are ready, you can start a Support Screenshare by following the instructions in this video:

Safetysolved3572

Can variations only be added to a physical product type?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

No, I am not aware of any limitations based on product type. You can see an example of variations on our demo website for a non-physical item here: https://demo.allprowebtools.com/Seed-Club/

This is a subscription membership product that the customer can choose to be billed weekly, monthly, or annually.
Safetysolved3572

Got it to work, but now I'm thinking this isn't the best option for ticket or service dates. The variations can't be deleted after an event occurs. Setting that variation option to private removes it from the available items to add to cart on the right hand side, but the variation option is still shown on the mother product description area.