Membership Pricing - one time cost, monthly cost

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Membership Pricing - one time cost, monthly cost

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I am wondering if this pricing structure will work in AllProWebTools, and if so, how would I go about setting it up?

So we have a client that wants their memberships to work that when someone buys the membership, they pay a fee of $299, then each following month, they only pay $199.

So the sign up cost needs to be different than the recurring cost.

Is this possible?
Kathlein
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Membership Pricing - one time cost, monthly cost

Post by Kathlein »

The membership system is designed to work with a single recurring charge amount each month.

It sounds like the pricing structure that you propose is actually a recurring membership of $199 and a one-time setup fee of $100.

It is possible to do this a few different ways:

1. You could list just the $199 membership on the website and make it clear in the description that "all new accounts will be subject to a $100 setup fee". Once the new membership is created, you can login to your AllProWebTools account and create a new invoice for $100 and charge it to the credit card that is already on file from the membership. This method works great if the membership must be manually reviewed by a staff member before approval. This also works when there are only a handful of new members each month. If you start your membership this way and find that you still need the ability to automate the setup fee, you can request a quote to have this feature added for you.

2. Create a single (non membership) product that is $100. Once this product is purchased, an email is sent to the customer with setup instructions for their new account (this could include forms that need to be filled out, materials that need to be emailed to the company, etc) and would also include a link to a hidden product on the website that is the actual $199 membership.

3. Create a bundled product or what is referred to in AllProWebTools as a "kit" product. This is useful for when 2 products are REQUIRED to be purchased together. You would create the recurring membership product for $199 and another non-membership product called a "Setup Fee" for $100. Both of these products would be hidden so they do not show up on the website and cannot be purchased separately.

The next step is to create a 3rd product (this will be your bundled kit product). This is the product that the website visitors will see and the one that will show up on the website. You will then add the other 2 products into this kit product. Here is a video that explains how to do this:

Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi Kathlein,

Thanks for your quick reply!

I believe that the third option you listed out would be the best one here. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll be sure to try that way out when I go about setting up these products.

If I run into any issues or have any questions I'll post them here.

Thanks again!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hey,

So I am finally now looking into setting this up and I have some questions.

The video posted is helpful, but it does not show the front end of the product.

It looks like the product I made as the 'kit' has it's own price. If someone purchases the kit, do they purchase the kit using the kit's set price, or when they make the purchase, are they charged for all the items in the kit? It looks like it works that they purchase using the kit's price, but I want to confirm this.

Thanks!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Since there are several configurations that may affect your results. We suggest that you process a test transaction and let us know the Support Code and resulting order# from the test transaction. This will allow us to assist you further.

You can always perform a test charge by setting authorize.net as the primary processor and set it to "Test Mode". You can set this just long enough to do your test transaction and then set it back to your live credit card processor. Here is a video that shows how to do this: