We have some additional information about the Mandrill announcement:
First of all, we apologize for the inconvenience caused by Mandrill's decision to change their pricing structure. After providing their email marketing service for years with no pricing change, we saw them as a viable option for our client's. We had no indication, nor control over their decision to change their pricing structure.
In looking more closely at the announcement, here is what we found:
- The email announcement from Mandrill states, "To continue using Mandrill, all users will be required to have a paid monthly MailChimp account by 4/27".
- According to the pricing page at: http://mailchimp.com/pricing/, the cheapest paid monthly plan is $25 / month.
- The email from Mandrill goes on to say, "Mandrill credits will be sold in blocks of 25,000 emails. Blocks will start at $20 per month." We understand this to mean that the lowest monthly bill possible with MailChimp would be $25/month + $20/month = $45/month.
The solution that we are suggesting to our clients is to switch your marketing email provider to MailGun
is providing up to 10,000 emails sent each month at no charge, as stated on their website here: https://www.mailgun.com/pricing
The process of changing to MailGun
should take about 15 minutes. We have provided this video tutorial to assist you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piP4uj4bYxs
If you have questions while making the switch to MailGun
, please post them in this forum so that the answers provided can help all of our clients.
We are also offering a "White Glove" premium service where we will do all the migration on your behalf. This service will be offered for a one-time investment of $30 and will require the following items to complete:
- Your domain name registrar login.
- Your forwarding us the confirmation email that will be sent to you by your new email marketing provider, MailGun.
If you would like to request the "White Glove" service, you can contact us here with your request: https://www.allprowebtools.com/Contact-Us/
We are continuing to develop integrations with additional SMTP providers. We are currently working with sendgrid.com
and hope to have an integration with them released soon.