Setting up email with Mailgun Sandbox

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Gchild1730
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Setting up email with Mailgun Sandbox

Post by Gchild1730 »

Howdy,

I'm working on setting up email for a new client who doesn't have a website - and trying to use the sandbox domain through Mailgun. When I try and put in the SMTP information into AllProWebTools, it gives me this notice - "This page is not available while using myallprowebtools.com. This feature will be available once this site is live."

Am I missing any steps to connect AllProWebTools to Mailgun to send emails?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Setting up email with Mailgun Sandbox

Post by JohnB »

You should only see that message in regards to setting up the email boxes, something like [email protected]

If you go to Settings->Email and then click on the SMTP Settings tab, you should still be able to hookup a Mailgun account.

Please let me know if you run into any further issues!
Gchild1730
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Gchild1730 »

Ok I went to Settings - Email and put in the SMPT settings. I then did a test email and it came back and said - "The parameters passed to the API were invalid. Check your inputs!"

It doesn't look like the sandbox url on Mailgun has any DNS records to put into AllProWebTools - is that why?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

That message is referring to the SMTP Settings. The typical cause is putting in your Mailgun password for the Password field, when you actually need to put in the API Key provided by Mailgun.

The DNS records only apply if you are trying to connect an email address that is tied to a domain that you (or your customer) owns, and when you log into your Mailgun account, it will tell you if your DNS is configured correctly.

Feel free to start a screenshare through the Support button at the top right if you continue to have problems!
Chopper326
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Chopper326 »

We have updated the integration instructions for Mailgun. They can be found here: https://www.allprowebtools.com/How-to-s ... oWebTools/