Ready to import your first theme into AllProWebTools? Or, maybe it’s been awhile and you just need a refresher course? Follow these steps to get you on your way:
Creating your own theme template
If you want to copy your own existing theme into your client’s console, you should download the AllProWebTools Default theme located at http://allprowebtoolsthemes.com/. Once you have clicked on the Download button for the default theme, you will have an allprowebtools-default.zip file that you can rename and install into your client’s console. Before installation, you need to make the following change:
- Inside the zip file you will find a folder named allprowebtools-default. If needed, extract the .zip file and rename this folder to what you want to call your theme.
- Re-compress the .zip file. Now, the theme is ready to be installed into the client's AllProWebTools.
Install the Theme
- Log into your client’s AllProWebTools. On the left hand side of the console, go to Settings->Themes.
- Click the Install Theme tab. Upload the .zip file.
- Click on the Current Themes tab. You will now see that your theme is available. To activate your theme, click on the Use this Theme button.�
Modifying Stylesheet and HTML Files of the Theme
The stylesheet for the theme is used to override Bootstrap styles and add new styles. To access the theme's stylesheet:
- In the client's AllProWebTools, on the left hand side of the console, go to Settings->Administrator.
- In the Theme Editor panel, click on Stylesheet
- Add your custom styles here and then click on the Save icon.
Modifying the Website's Header and Footer File
The header file contains all the beginning/header content that is common for all pages of the website, such as the head tag and navigation. In a similar way, the footer file contains the structure for the footer. To access the header and footer files:
- In the client's AllProWebTools, on the left hand side of the console, go to Settings->Themes.
- In the Theme Editor panel, click on Header or Footer
- Add your custom content. NOTE: These files contain PHP dynamic content for things such as your navigation and company logo. Do not remove this content, but place as is where appropriate in your theme.
- Click on the Save icon.