Tuesday January 6, 2015
AllProWebTools solves the workflow and communication problems common to many of these small businesses.
- Shops which tend to have multiple repair projects ongoing
- Stores which both sell and repair items, and repair only
- Most have customers bring equipment to shop and leave it there
By upgrading their tasking and customer communication strategy, small technology repair shops can improve efficiency and meet the needs of more new customers. They also increase their ability to attract new customers by improving their website and marketing capabilities.
Integrating all these functions into one software solution can save them a lot of energy, and give them access to unique, time-saving tools.
- Cell Phone and Cell Phone Screen Repair
- PC Repair and Sales
- Computer Disaster and Data Recovery
- Printer and Copier Repair
The Workflow Timeline gives owners, managers, and employees access to a live feed of important business updates.
- Stay connected and in-the-loop without progress reports.
- All users can easily track the status of repair projects, new orders, and timecard notes.
- All the tools below post to the Workflow Timeline, making it a powerful tool for small business owners.
Customer satisfaction is critical for small high tech companies. Using Customer Relationship Management tools (CRM) helps keep customers happy and draws in new leads.
- Status Tracking for Customers: Customers can receive automatic emails giving them updates about the status of repair work. This means that customers no longer need to call the shop for updates.
- Client Notes: Internal client notes post automatically to the Workflow Timeline, so everyone has the most current information. That way, the team can work together to complete the project as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Customer Database: Keep the contact information of all past customers, current customers, leads, affiliates, and more in one database, which is integrated with the sales pipeline.
In a shop with many different repair projects going on at once, information equals productivity. Particularly for small high tech repair companies, efficiency and speed is what gives them an edge. Making use of AllProWebTools’ timecard and tasking tools, both of which post to the Workflow Timeline, makes it much easier to track progress on various projects. All employees can scroll through the timeline to see what work has already been completed, and what’s next.
- Timecards: Workers clock in to specific projects, and clock out each time they switch tasks. For companies who bill by the hour, this provides accurate to the minute data for the invoice.
- Pay in Advance: Companies can also charge a retainer and have employees clock in to drain from that retainer.
- Track Sales Commission: If the company has a sales team, automatically track their commission based on business generated.
- Tasking: Managers and workers can assign each other tasks with various priority levels. Tasks can be shared among several employees and set to recur on any schedule. It’s perfect for setting a to-do list for each project.
- Updated tasks post to the Workflow Timeline, so all employees can track progress.
Having a web presence is a great way to acquire leads, provide information to potential customers, and give current customers a place to recommend the company’s services. Some of these businesses sell parts, computer and phone accessories, and consultations online. Other stores may offer classes or online webinars to teach tech skills.
- Online Scheduling: Clients can make their own appointments online without picking up the phone.
- Video Testimonials: Let satisfied customers speak for themselves with engaging testimonials.
- Ecommerce: Sell computer parts, accessories, and consultations online.
- Blog: Post a blog with technology tips, how-tos, and other special topics.
Many get new business from word of mouth and the phone book, but a more proactive strategy could yield more dramatic results. Tapping into the resource of past customers can give an edge to small businesses that do outstanding work.
- Automated Email Marketing: Find out how many website visits, leads, and appointments result from each individual email campaign, to make it clear what’s working and what isn’t.
- Send past customers automated emails at set times after a job is completed to offer upsells and maintenance offers, or to request a testimonial.
- Proactively seek out maintenance work by reminding customers of periodic maintenance needs.
- Offer special deals or send newsletters
- Opt-In Lead Box: Offer emailed special offers or technology tips from a lead box on the website. Send new customer notifications as a text directly to the owner or manager, to keep up with leads on the go.
A small high tech repair and sales store does all the following:
- Repair cell phones and PCs brought in by customers
- Sell upcycled computers, replacement parts, and accessories in store and online
They have a store with a back workroom where the repair work is done.
The owner is always in the store. When he’s in the back, he watches the store through a video camera. He has one employee who works part time doing some repair work and occasionally watching the store.
The store gets AllProWebTools and quickly starts getting integrated. All the web tools are hosted from one dashboard. The main feature of the dashboard is a Workflow Timeline, a live feed of important business updates. The owner and employee can access the dashboard from their mobile phones or the computer in the store.
Just by scrolling, they can see:
- New projects and sales
- Timecard notes and internal client notes on each project
- Tasks for the day
He uses the tasking tool to make to-do lists for each computer, with task priority levels and the ability to create recurring tasks for shop-wide maintenance.
- The timecard tool allows him to charge a retainer for each computer, which he and his assistant clock into for accurate to the minute invoicing
- Timecard notes tell the client how the time was spent
- Uses tasking to create to-do lists for each device and set recurring tasks for his employee
- Each user’s individual timeline reveals how the day was spent
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
The store had been using spreadsheets to keep track of client information, and CRM software from AllProWebTools gave them the ability to store that information in a much more convenient customer database. The list can include clients, leads, affiliates, and more.
- Client notes keep track of what work has been done on each device, and what issues remain
- Automatically send client notes to the customer by email, so they can track the status of their computer or phone without a phone call
The store uses the website as a way to sell computers, parts, and accessories, as well as to promote the business and schedule appointments for repair consultation.
- Ecommerce and shipping information are easily integrated with brick and mortar sales
- Online scheduling allows clients to make appointments to bring their device in for repair
- Attractive, clean-looking site with an image slider
- Image gallery shows restored computers and cellphones mid repair.
All marketing reports draw information from each one of the web tools, so they provide unique perspective on the business. Automated email campaigns are combined with powerful marketing tools, making it clear which ones are making the most impact.
- Business email box provided byAllProWebTools
- Tracks click-throughs, emails opened, and dollars spent in online store
- Lead box offers special offer on a tune-up for filling in email address
- Automated email sends welcome message and coupon code
- Emails customers two weeks after repair to check satisfaction
- Sends maintenance reminders every season
- Event Tracker shows her how their marketing initiatives have made an impact over longer periods of time or day by day
The computer and phone repair shop is better organized and works as a smoother team. They spend less time asking each other questions and checking in, and more time working on computers and selling products. Their increased efficiency allows them to take on more repair jobs and custom computers, and plan for more growth in the future. AllProWebTools made the hard parts simple.